ICON Solutions, Inc., Principal, 1994-1997
- During 4Q97, responsible for Sales and Marketing for $13.4 million business unit
which included the Pharm/Chemical, and Manufacturing/Distribution/Retail
industries and e-Commerce technologies.
- Responsible for Tools and Methods; created the Mentoring program. Created the
firm's Management Certification Program and the Business Development Committee.
- Responsible for building the Value Chain Management Strategic Business Unit.
- In high growth period, developed Recruiting, Professional Development, and
Marketing Departments. Acted as Managing Principal.
- Developed and published the firm's Deliverables Based Development Methodology
and established methodology training for all employees of the firm.
- Secured and managed:
- a multi-site Lotus Notes development project;
- a multi-year project to redevelop a legacy mainframe CICS software product
for Retail Merchandise Planning as a multi-tier, scaleable application
layer, C/C++ business process layer, Sybase or Oracle database engines,
and DCE as with a PowerBuilder presentation the inter-process glue;
- multiple projects for the largest supplier of Retail Industry software
products, based on PowerBuilder over Sybase, and architected the new
transaction system based on MS DCOM for multi-tier distributed object
- a browser-based distributed funds trading system.
- Served the Executive Steering Committee for a large Internet-technology
electronic commerce and collaboration project, resulting in a site managing
$11 billion of commerce over the Internet.
- Successfully managed several other projects for Fortune 1000 clients.
- Created Notes Domino Resource Allocation and Management, Project and Technology Collaboration systems.
Left ICON Solutions just prior to the anticipated acquisition by AnswerThink to join
Aston Brooke Corporation. ICON Solutions was acquired by AnswerThink in 1999.
Return to Professional Experiences
Return to Home Page